Being the only service of its kind in Orange County, our Transition Program supports asylum seekers to safely reach their new communities. Almost all asylum seekers are released from detention with little or no money, separated from family and friends, and limited access to community resources, placing them at a greater risk of homelessness.
Our Transition Program provides:
- • Immediate support (pick-up) from point of release
- • Liaison support between asylum seeker and their sponsor
- • Interim housing support
- • Travel support to asylum seeker sponsor destination
- • Food, toiletries, clothing, and mobile phones
- • Follow-up support (legal, community resources, and other support)