Our volunteers cannot solve the immigration issue. Our volunteers are not attorneys, or social workers. Our volunteers are everyday citizens from all walks of life, who visit in an act of friendship, and the desire to affirm the human dignity and worth of every individual. And for this reason, our volunteers are our heroes!
Become a volunteer in three easy steps! Simple!
2) Visit a detainee
3) Record your visit
Our Volunteer program includes:
- • Volunteer orientation, brief background to immigration detention, and step-by-step training to feel confident to make your visit.
- • Mentoring support, one-on-one support during your first visit, supervision and guidance, and immediate support of the leadership team.
- • Monthly debriefs, meet other like-minded volunteers, discuss your experiences, share success stories and challenges, and provide support to one another.
- • Social participation, opportunities to meet interesting and diverse people, make new friends, and gain new experiences.
- • Improvement in quality of life, research proves volunteering is great for your health and overall well-being!